It is a bi-annual printed and on-line journal aims to provide a forum for the research findings and opinions among researchers in the computing field. The journal publishes research papers, surveys, and book reviews. Papers will be published in both English and Arabic. More generally, the journal envisions establishing a tradition of scientific discourse in Arabic, and provides researchers the ability to distribute their research findings to the international community by providing an English version of all their papers. At the same time it endeavors to serve its Arabic speaking readership by keeping them abreast of recent developments in the field of computing and serving to nurture an Arabic speaking knowledge society. Communications of the SCS is indexed in:
The scope of the journal covers all areas of computing, including, but not limited to:
- Computational Science and Engineering including bioinformatics, biomedical engineering.
- Artificial intelligence including expert systems, machine learning, etc.
- Software engineering including: software acquisition, software development, software methodologies, and software testing.
- Data mining including: text mining, web mining, and web semantic.
- Business Intelligence including: agile BI, real time BI, and ontological BI.
- Computer Networks and Communications, including: protocols, interconnection networks, network coding, network management.
- Parallel and Distributed computing.
- Security including: network security, wireless networks security issues.
- Computing organization and architecture.
- Databases including: RDBMS, very large databases, data warehouses and data marts.
- Web Engineering, multimedia and visualization.
- Operating systems.
- Performance evaluation, fault tolerance, reliability and security.
- IT & Society including Information Systems, Internet, E-Commerce, E-Health, E-Learning, and E-Government.
- Case studies.