SCS-IJIR Call For Papers
Mission of IJIR-SCS
The mission of the International Journal of Informatics Researches published by the Syrian Computer Society (SCS) is to provide researchers a forum to disseminate their research findings and opinions in the computing fields. The journal publishes research papers, surveys, and book reviews. Papers will be published in English and translated into Arabic. More generally, the journal envisions establishing a tradition of scientific discourse in Arabic, and provides researchers the ability to distribute their research findings to the international community by providing an English version of all their papers. At the same time it endeavors to serve its Arabic speaking readership by keeping them abreast of recent developments in the field of computing and serving to nurture an Arabic speaking knowledge society.
Coverage of IJIR-SCS
The International Journal of Informatics Researches published by Syrian Computer Society (SCS) aims to publish a full spectrum of high quality papers dealing with a wide range of topics, ranging from technical, regulatory, organizational, managerial, cultural, ethical, and human aspects of information technology. This journal encourages submission of manuscripts that present research frameworks, methods, methodologies, theory development and validation, case studies, simulation results and analysis, technological architectures, and infrastructure issues. In addition to the above mentioned topics, other topics of interest to the journal include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Artificial intelligence including expert systems, machine learning, etc.
- Software engineering including: software acquisition, software development, software methodologies, and software testing.
- Data mining including: text mining, web mining, and semantic web.
- Business Intelligence including: agile BI, real time BI, and ontological BI.
- Computational Science and Engineering including bioinformatics, biomedical engineering.
- Computer Networks and Communications, including: protocols, interconnection networks, network coding, network management.
- Parallel and Distributed computing.
- Security including: network security, wireless networks security issues.
- Computing organization and architecture.
- Databases including: RDBMS, very large databases, big data, data warehouses and data marts.
- Web Engineering, multimedia and visualization.
- Operating systems.
- Performance evaluation, fault tolerance, reliability and security.
- IT & Society including Information Systems, Internet, E-Commerce, E-Health, E-Learning, and E-Government.
- IT Enabled Governance, IT Enabled Strategic Management.
- Case studies.
Interested authors should consult the journal's manuscript submission guidelines: http://portal.scs.org.sy/?q=en/scs/ijir/instructions
- Extended Abstract (Work in Progress) Submission Date: Oct 15, 2014.
- Notification of Extended Abstract Acceptance/Rejection: Oct 30, 2014
- Full Paper Submission Date: Feb 15, 2015.
- Notification of Paper Acceptance/Rejection: Mar 31, 2015.
- Inquiries and submissions can be sent by email to Managing Editors at: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please visit http://portal.scs.org.sy/?q=en/scs/ijir/main